Friday, December 10, 2010

Mentally spent...

Pain... At this very second I have none. However that may be due to the awesome taping job done thanks to my mother in law. Possible problem - Posterior Tib Sydr. or stress fracture. Yesterday was supposed to be a test run with the taping. Unfortunately I have been devoid of energy for the last week (I've never missed my alarm and I've missed it 3 times in one week!) I improvised and did some abs and the elliptical. Home elliptical seems to be harder than the gym one so I did feel a little pulling.

So here's the deal... On my Thursday run about a week ago things didn't feel good. More importantly my left leg didn't feel good. I thought it was just from being the first cold midweek run and a few more hills, so I ignored it. My next run was Saturday (12 1/2 miles) and everything felt a little tight but didn't have a problem during the run. When I finished I was limping. I figured it was just because I was worn out and it'd go away. Well.... Sunday came and it was still painful. Monday I skipped the gym. Tuesday I ran but didn't want to. Went out anyway because I was sure it was just a mental issue I had to get past. Wednesday I woke up and it really hurt. Went to the gym and did the elliptical (where it didn't bother me until I got off the machine.) Ok that meant a message to my mother in law for some taping advice. Wednesday after work off I went to her office. After some analysis they came to the above conclusion... I was and am really upset. Thursday as I said I didn't run. It didn't hurt to walk at work yesterday and doesn't hurt today. Woo hoo! I've been doing my massaging and stretching and a tiny big of strengthening. Tonight I'm off to see my physical therapist that I bought my orthotics from. MAYBE I'll do his laser treatment to help with inflammation and healing. We'll see!!!

Next post will have an update... it will also have an update on the weight loss journey with a little history of weight loss and health.

No comments:

Post a Comment