Sunday, February 6, 2011

2011 First week of goals check in

Goal 1: make 1 new recipe
Success! I made the following recipes: Brendan Brazier's "Thrive: The Vegan Nutrition Guide" Wild Rice Rice Yam Pancakes, Cucumber Pesto Salad, Spicy Chocolate Energy Bars, and one of his smoothies using his Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer. All were fantastic. I shared the energy bars at work and they were a hit. Next up were my recipes from "The Happy Herbivore" by Lindsay S. Nixon. I made her Spicy Greens (page 184) and added Orginal Field Roast Vegan Grain Meat Sausages 'Mexcian Chipotle' flavor to it. In addition to that I made the Low Country Cucumber Salad (page 186) and brought both to my in laws last night for dinner. Everyone like them! Even my brother in law who loves to cook (bought him a subscription to the magazine Cooks Illustrated, a very popular gift by the way) said he liked it and he ate a good deal of it!Goal 2: Eat a healthy balanced breakfast every day
I have some opportunities here. Goal not met. Only met this goal 3 out of the last 8 days. Therefore this goal will carry over to next week. I'm planning oatmeal w/nuts or those yummy pancakes

Goal 3: Brisk activity everyday for at least 25 minutes
YAY! That's an easy one. I mopped 4 days, vacuumed every day, work obviously is an easy one to get this one done, shoveled 2 days, and did general house work and snow work all week. The challenge will be to continue this next week.

Goal 4: Do my PT exercises every day
They aren't exercises yet. They are still just stretches but I did them. Every day at least 3 times a day. I now have some I can do easily at work which helped. This one is practically a "gimme" but as I start to feel better I'll have to work to continue my stretches and strengthening.

Goal 5: Put all Clothes away right away
Except for last night, I succeeded. I feel like a little kid with this one but when you get so caught up with getting stuff done it's an easy thing to say "I'll do it later"

Well I met all but one this week. I feel down right lousy though. Sharing my successes with the internet makes it feel a little better. Night eating was a problem 7 out of the last 8 nights. My weight is up (178!) and my back hurts pretty much constantly. I'm a real ball of fun! Ok ok this is the plan for this week....

*eat a healthy breakfast every morning
*Aerobic exercises 10-25 minutes daily
*core exercises 3 x this week
* Make 7 new recipes (Buddha's delight, Lasagna Rolls, & Hawaiian Chickpea Teriyaki from HH; Chocolate Blueberry Energy Bars, Adzuki Bean Quinoa Sesame Pizza, & Sesame Miso Soup from Thrive; and Pasta w/Swiss Chard and Red Kidney Beans from "Supermarket Vegan" are the goal recipes)
* say some kind of positive affirmation daily (I know it's silly but people say it works)

Other highlights to come this week... a new Lululemon shipment and new winter boots by Salomon! Exciting exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment