Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Disney's Wine & Dine Half Marathon







The Wine and Dine is complete! Here's a basic run down...
*Thursday we arrived and hit the parks (must make every moment count with Disney)
*Friday - off to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure (Harry Potter, need I say more?)
*Friday night - Expo
* Saturday - Race Day
** Parks - early entry Disney Hollywood Studios/ then off to Magic Kingdom
** Back to expo to get the jacket that I loved but was unsure of (it's 4pm at this point and I'm exhausted
** 6 pm we're back in the room... 4 hours until start
** 7:30pm on line for bus to race start
** 9:20 pm in corral C
At this point, I'm exhausted and my feet are killing me but I'm so excited. My eyes are drooping because sadly enough this has been my bed time for the last few weeks due to morning staffing issues. The goal of this race was to enjoy it with my friend. I wanted to have fun and really pay attention to all the details. And so I did. We ran slow but we stopped at every mile stop to take a picture (it was her first half marathon and she did amazing!)

Character stops still didn't happen. I wanted to but we were a team so on we went. 3:02 was the finish time. I experienced much more chafing than usual and some pains in my ankle that I've never felt before. I also was ready to fall asleep on the concrete when we finished. Next time I'll do early entry hours but go home after that.

Now I'm home. I've been running my 3 runs a week for the last two weeks. Today is another long run day (that's my favorite part of the training.) Personal training has started back up and I managed to get to spin. Still no weight loss. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. I'm eating better than I've ever eaten before, yet nothing. Still 63 pounds over weight by clinical standards and 43 by my standards.

I'm frustrated. I don't want to give up mostly because I love doing races, but I do want to give up on losing weight. It makes me sad when I step on the scale. I've never liked veggies but I'm eating them to make myself healthier. I'm going for a physical this fall and we'll see what the blood work is compared to a few years ago. Maybe that will help with the motivation.

I continue to run. Well run/walk. When I run without walking things start hurting (and not in the exercise is good for you way.) I miss just running. I can't wait until I can do that again without pain. In the mean time I have friends through Daily Mile who continue to inspire me and family to endure running slow and long (my wonderful husband who can complete a half in 2 hrs runs my 3 hr pace.)

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
–Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment