Sunday, September 25, 2011

Garmin Forerunner 210 vs 405

My 405 found a new home and is still getting a ton of use. I gave it to my dad who is currently training for his first half marathon. In the mean time I'm loving my new 210.

What I like about it:
* It's lighter
* It's less computer like on my wrist
* Push button instead of bezel
* Easy to use and read

What I miss from my 405:
* It doesn't transmit wirelessly to my computer which means that sometimes I struggle to get it to get it to connect with the computer (don't ask how that happens because I have no clue)
* It doesn't connect with Garmin Training Center on my desk top
* Can't do custom workouts (and if I can I haven't figured it out)

We did notice that we both got slightly different distances when we ran together. I'm thinking mine just picked up the satellite before his did. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase. It doesn't seem to hold a charge as long when not in use but I'll get over that.

No comments:

Post a Comment