Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Wish your heart makes...

So I've been inspired. I've been inspired by the runners I saw in Disney this past January. I've been inspired to write a blog... What? I know crazy. However after reading runtodisney... I felt I should. It's a way for my already supportive friends and family to follow along my journey.

I am going to run the Disney Marathon next January! I've been running now consistently for 6 weeks. I ran last summer and the year before that but never kept it up. Now I will begin with my dreams of completing 26.2 miles.

On January 11, 2009 as my husband and I walked through Epcot on the last day of our honeymoon, inspiration struck! I turned to him and said let's do it and he agreed. Now as I tell everyone of our big goal, they are so supportive. I bought Jeff Galloway's Marathon You Can Do It! and Hal Higdon's Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide and off I went. My district manager has even got me to agree to do the Hartford Marathon in October. My doctor gave me the ok as well. Wow! This is truely amazing.

A Dream is a wish your heart makes... apparently not always when you're asleep but I suppose enjoying your honeymoon is close. Either way my heart decided this without consulting my head. We'll see who wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment